I. Areas of Research
Optical and cold-atom physics, single-molecule physics and chemistry, low-dimensional physics and chemistry, nano-materials and chemistry, nano-catalysis and energy conversion, molecular and cellular biophysics, neural circuitry and cognition, molecular medicine, bio-X interdisciplinary sciences, theoretical and computational sciences, and more. For the full list of research programs at HFNL, please see en.hfnl.ustc.edu.cn
1. Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship: 520,000 CNY per year (the amount includes both salary and benefits, such as insurances, housing, etc). The Fellowship is supported for two years.
2. Outstanding Postdoctoral Fellowship: 340,000 CNY per year (the amount includes both salary and benefits, such as insurances, housing, etc). The Fellowship is supported for two years.
1. Less than 35 years old on the application deadline date.
2. Having received a Ph.D. degree not more than three years before the deadline. Candidates who have recently passed the dissertation defense will also be considered.
3. For applicants already at USTC, the USTC employment should have begun no earlier than one year before the deadline.
4. Applicants must commit to a full-time postdoctoral employment during the Fellowships.
Applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievements, research plan, and the support and commitments of the sponsoring supervisors at HFNL.
Selections are made twice a year.
Deadline of the first selection: March 31, 2019
Deadline of the second selection: September 30, 2019
The following application materials must be completed in English or Chinese:
(1) Fill out and submit the original Application Form for Postdoctoral Program of HFNL.
(2) Submit a copy of the passport photo-page
(3) Submit a copy of the Ph.D. certificate and diploma, or a Decision Letter of the dissertation defense (if not yet received the Ph.D. certificate).
(4) Submit a total of three documents that represent the candidate’s academic excellence and research achievements. These documents can be copies of research papers (full content), books (table of contents), patents (certificate), or awards (certificate).
(5) Three letters of recommendation, including one from the applicant’s Ph.D. supervisor.
(6) Recommendation form filled out by the sponsoring supervisor at HFNL.
Please combine ‘Application Form for Postdoctoral Fellowship’ and ‘Recommendation Form of Postdoctoral Supervisor’ into one PDF file, and send to email@example.com.
The recommendation letter should be sent by referees’ email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Ms. Li Bao. Tel: +86-551-63600455.
Recommendation Form of Postdoctoral Supervisor.docx
Application Form for Postdoctoral Fellowship.doc
Letter of Recommendation.doc